Monday, January 12, 2009
Quick and Easy Lunch
I dont know about you, but I get really tired of eating the same 'ol thing every day for lunch. Also, lunch is VERY important to me. If I have a big/annoying day ahead of me, I need something to look forward to, and that's usually my lunch! I'm not completely sure how Annie and I came up with this recipe, but I think it came from some good collaborative cooking time. This grilled eggplant wrap is one of my favorites for an easy lunch with only 2 points!
2-3 slices of eggplant (about 1/4'' thick)
about 1/4 cup of onion cut into slices
about 5ish bell pepper (yellow, red, or orange) cut into about 1/2 inch thick slices
1 wedge laughing cow cheese (any flavor is good!)
1 la tortilla factory (or smart and delicious ...they've changed their name) tortilla--I use the tomato basil ones.
1) Slice the eggplant and sprinkle with salt. Put eggplant slices between papertowels so as to suck out some of the moisture. Leave them like this for at least 5 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, spray a pan and put in the onion and pepper slices. Cook until tender (about 5 minutes-ish).
3) Once eggplant is done hanging out in the papertowels spray a little bit of balsamic salad dressing, or just balsamic vinegar on each side and put it on a panini grill (or george forman). Cook until soft (about 3-5 minutes).
4) Spread laughing cow cheese on half of the tortilla, lay the onion and peppers on the cheese and top with the grilled eggplant. Fold in half and put back on the grill.
5) Grill the entire sandwhich together for another 2-3 minutes or until all mooshed (yes, thats the technical term) together.
I really like eating mine cold/at room temperature. I'll make it the night before, store in the fridge and put it in a bag for lunch the next day. Great change of pace for lunch that only costs you 2 points! (amazing!!)