Just a heads up to all our faithful followers....
Annie and Lexy will be together again in 2 weeks from today!! Yes, that's right, two weeks!!! This time taking Cleveland by storm! Stay tuned for some excessive blogging and gluttony to ensue :)
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
The other day I couldn't decide what to make for dinner. I spent many an hour scouring the internet (internets?) for something yummy to eat. Then low and behold on allrecipes.com i found a recipe for a yummy spicy/sweet sauce to put on chicken. Now, we all know that Annie is not a friend of the meat, but there are boys in her and my life that are not satisfied unless there is a chunk of dead something on their plate. BUT the cool thing about this recipe is that I think it's really good and easy to make it meat-free, OR perhaps with some soy curls?!?! So, here is what I did (or rather what Kevin and I did...he helped).
1 Tablespoon brown sugar (I use splenda brown sugar)
2 Tablespoons honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 teaspoons chopped garlic (about 3ish garlic cloves)
2 Tablespoons hot sauce (taco sauce...)
1) Cut some chicken up into stir fry size pieces
2) Grill chicken on your panini/george forman grill until cooked
3) Put chicken in skillet with sauce and stir around for awhile (about 5 minutes or so on medium heeat)
4) Cook a bag of frozen veggies (I just use a stir fry mix that you microwave for 5 minutes and cooks in the bag)
5) Take chicken out of skillet and put in bowls with some rice (rice is cooking while you are cooking the chicken)
6) Throw bag of veggies in the skillet with the left over sauce and stir around to coat
7) Put veggies in bowl with rice and chicken (if you're eating meat....)
AND THATS IT!! Super easy! This whole meal seriously takes maybe 20 minutes from start to finish. I usually cook about a cup of rice for 2 people. I make my bowl with just a little bit of rice and a ton of veggies. Kevin's has lots of rice, no veggies, and lots of chicken.
I also think that you could take soy curls and rehydrate according to directions and then put them in the skillet and cook just like it were chicken. I have big plans to try that at some point.
Monday, April 13, 2009
ranch with 1.5 grams of fat??! i didn't believe it until i tasted this magical treat from trader joes. this parmesan ranch dressing tastes like a drip of heaven (not like the typical nasty diet ranch dressing) and rings in at only 30 calories and 1.5 grams of fat per 2 T serving. INCREDIBLE! i promptly went back to the store and purchased 3 bottles, which are anxiously awaiting my tummy in the fridge. you can find this yummy treat in the salad section of trader joes (with the bagged spinach) and it must reside in the fridge, even before it is opened.