Saturday, December 13, 2008
Annie and I have been blogging for some time now (or maybe its just been a week...) but I think its time to start combining some of our blogs. So.. if we take 1part diet coke bread recipe and 1 part trader joe feta and combine them (along with some other stuff) we get DIET COKE BREAD PIZZA!! Pizza is amazing, I think we can all agree on that. But sadly, it can be really high in calories and fat and all that stuff. So by using the diet coke bread as the pizza dough, you save a lot of calories! And, its super yummy. So... here is what you do...
1) Make diet coke bread up until the point of letting it rise in the oven. Once you take it out of the oven you want to spread some flour on it (so as to keep it from being super sticky) and spread it out on a baking sheet. Spray the sheet first!! You want to spread out the dough so it touches all the corners of the sheet. (see picture)
2) Put in oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. (There is nothing on the pizza yet)
3) While the dough is precooking you want to chop up all your favorite toppings. I'm a fan of basil, tomato, mozzarella, and feta. Annie makes a super good one with olive oil and pine nuts and some other yummy things I cant remember (but maybe she can comment on this post and let us know? :D)
4) After the 10 minutes take the dough out and put on some pizza sauce. I use regular tomato sauce and I like to add a little bit of Splenda (a trick Annie taught me, shes so smart), Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and a little bit of chili powder (I like a little kick with my food), after sauce put on your toppings. For my recipe its 1 cup part skim mozzarella, a bunch of chopped up tomatoes, and chopped up basil, and then about 1/3-1/2 cup feta (yay trader joes!).
5) Plop it back in the oven (still at 350) for another 10 minutes. And there you have it!! Awesome pizza that if you cut into 6 BIG pieces its about 6-7 points a piece. Not too shabby :) And no one can tell it comes from diet coke :D
If others have great topping ideas, leave some messages so we can try them out too!