Thursday, December 18, 2008

Fabulous Food Find!


Even though Annie and I are on different sides of the country we still like to find fun and exciting foods at the grocery store and then tell each other about them. And, since we are trying to spread our plethora of knowledge to the world, we will have occasional posts about a fabulous food find (annie sort of spoiled my intro by posting one already, but im keeping it up nonetheless. so there.)

For our first installment (second), we are going to focus on a seasonal treat from Trader Joe's. I was at the Trader Joe's the other week buying some sushi before going to bowling and this little treat caught my eye. It is Cranberry Apple Butter!! I am a big fan of their pumpkin butter, so i knew i had to give this one a try.

The Cranberry Apple Butter has about 40 calories per tablespoon (and no red dye 40, which is important for Annie!). It has a tangy/tart taste and goes great on toast.

Other ways Annie and I have used the apple butter is on the stuffed french toast (which Annie said was awesome) and i've just made regular peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches uses the butter instead of jelly and really enjoyed it.

No comments: